In less than 6000 days, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world. This population boom could either be a humanitarian global crisis or the greatest source of global prosperity. Our vision is to serve as a catalyst for prosperity in Africa by developing African business leaders and entrepreneurs to help make this century The African Century!
“This is Africa’s century, but Africa needs us to achieve its full potential. The private sector will play a key role: maximising current opportunities and unearthing new areas of growth. The ALU School of Business is preparing the global leaders needed to help create this change.” – Fred Swaniker, Founder & CEO
Guest Faculty | Fmr President of African Development Bank
- Kaberuka is President of the African Development Bank.
- He helps to ensure the prosperity and fiscal independence of African countries.
- Kaberuka joins the ALU School of Business, imparting the latest practical lessons on pan-African finance and economics to students of the MBA programme.
- Kaberuka also served as Minister of Finance and Economic Planning in Rwanda for 8 years.
Faculty | Vice Dean Strategy and Research ALU School of Business
- Prior to joining ALUSB, Duggan was an Assistant Professor in the Business, Government and the International Economy (BGIE) unit of Harvard Business School,where she received the Faculty Award for Distinguished Teaching twice in a row.
- Her research examines financial-sector regulation and contract enforcement in developing countries, with a focus on sub-Saharan Africa.
Guest Faculty | Founder African Leadership Group
- The Founder and Chairman of the Africa Leadership Group - an ecosystem of organisations that includes African Leadership Academy, African Leadership Network, Africa Advisory Group, and of course, African Leadership University.
- Swaniker has been recognised as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum and by Forbes Magazine as one of the top ten young ‘power men’ in Africa.
Faculty | Dean ALU School of Business
- Prior to joining ALUSB, Dr. Tracy served as Dean of Hult International Business School in Cambridge, Massachusetts where he also served as Program Dean for the Finance Program and Chair of the Finance Curriculum Committee.
- Tracy has held the position of CEO at a machine-learning platform, Finance and Strategy Consultant at a real estate holding company in New York City, and Advisory Council Member on Uniform Adjusted Financial Reporting Standards.